- June 29, 2017 at 3:00 pm #16756
I bought this theme a month ago and have been busy so am only starting to work with it properly now.
Theme version 1.3.0
How do I change the category colours? I can’t see that setting anywhere… I thought that would be a setting rather than needing to edit the code.
3 months ago in the comments section on themeforest.net ‘fabiogo’ asked about events and the reply from Jewel Theme said it would be added in 3 days. Was it ever added? (see screenshot).
- June 29, 2017 at 5:10 pm #16766
Yes, we’ve made this section for events but we didn’t include on our Demo as well as Theme Updates.
If you need then I can give you free support for this feature on your website.
- June 29, 2017 at 5:13 pm #16768
Hi, Yes I do need this functionality. I have installed events calendar & events calendar pro. Have you already got any styling for the calendar to tie it into the theme? Or what other support are you offering?
Any thoughts on the category colours?
Thanks again for your reply and thank you for the offer of help,
- June 29, 2017 at 10:50 pm #16770
If you’re using Plugins like Events Calendar. Then it should be automatically style with our Theme. We didn’t give support for this Plugin.
If styling will take little time then we can give you free support.
Category Colors: Right now Colors are coming from our pre-defined colors. If you want your colors then we can set them. Or If you want to choose color options then I can make a system for you. Let me know.
- June 30, 2017 at 1:35 am #16775
Hello again, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated.
The Events styling. I understand that it’s not part of the theme. In the settings of Events I’ve gone for the setting that tries to grab styling from the theme, but the result isn’t great. I’ve made a start in over-riding it, but it’s going to take ages, as it’s not just the month view that I need to sort to fit with the theme. The list view in particular looks rubbish… (see screenshot – statue image) You can see that I’ve rounded the image a bit, but ideally I want the event content to all be on the right of the image – A bit like the styling of the latest news section. Then there’s the ‘what’s on this week’ widget (2nd screenshot) etc etc etc… going to take ages!
I would rather have the ability to set the colours, as my client has a requirement that the colours may change occasionally to give the site a newer look or as the seasons change. Is that a very big job?
Any help is very much appreciated,
- June 30, 2017 at 3:53 pm #16778
- June 30, 2017 at 6:49 pm #16780This reply has been marked as private.
- June 30, 2017 at 6:59 pm #16781
You’ll see in the child theme’s style.css I’ve had a start at trying to style some of the calendar bits…
- July 1, 2017 at 12:47 am #16788
Thanks for the informations. I will take a look at your points tomorrow.
- July 2, 2017 at 6:45 pm #16789
- July 2, 2017 at 6:48 pm #16790
- July 3, 2017 at 2:38 pm #16792This reply has been marked as private.
- July 3, 2017 at 4:52 pm #16795
- July 3, 2017 at 5:11 pm #16797
Yes, I’ll make a list today, but I may not know of all the issues at this point.
- July 3, 2017 at 5:42 pm #16798
Hello again, I’m afraid I’ve come up with a long list, sorry.
1. Add listing. There is a field to enter a Facebook URL, but it’s not displayed on the listing page. (see screenshot)
2. Add listing – Useful to have the option of other social media too? Instagram etc (not essential though)
3. Styling of the event calendar, list, week, month, upcoming events (I know this isn’t your problem as it didn’t come with the theme…)
4.Listing information – Time Schedule – I’d like this to read “Opening Hours”. I can edit the PHP file directly but don’t want to do this in case of future theme updates. I was trying to get it to over-ride in the child theme’s function.php but can’t get it to work.
5. Listing information – Map – displaying strangely – half a map and half the category icons. (see screenshot)
6. Listing of category e.g., http://wmw-dev.co.uk/listing-category/restaurant/ – Unstyled “location” text just above the filter.
7. Listing of category e.g., http://wmw-dev.co.uk/listing-category/restaurant/ – the results list looks like it can be show via a grid or a list (2 little icons) but this doesn’t work.
8. Theme Child settings – General. Show top bar. Hide language. Hide language doesn’t work.
It would be useful to be able to add social media links to this top bar.
9. Theme child settings – header section – Custom – Colours don’t change anything.
Would be useful to be able to change the ‘red’ highlight colour seen over the theme.
10. Listing – Under the address and phone number, what’s the little trophy icon for? – there is no setting for this in ‘add listing’. (see screenshot)
11. Listing – ‘Get Direction’ should read ‘Get Directions’. (see screenshot)
12. Theme font editing? Not essential, but useful.
13. Listing – with address, phone number, website, social media, it would be logical to have an email address displayed here too.
Once i start to add my own listings and add my own content to the site, I may spot more. Sorry the above list is already long.
Thanks again for all your support,
- July 11, 2017 at 2:50 pm #16853
I was wondering if you were able to work through any of the ‘issues’ I sent last week, or was it too long a list?
- July 11, 2017 at 4:41 pm #16857
Thanks for being patience. I’ve done on few things. I will do the rest asap.
- July 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm #16858
You’re brilliant, thank you.
- July 18, 2017 at 2:36 pm #16909
Thanks for the theme update. I see that quite a few of my list are fixed. thanks. Do you have plans to work on the others, or have you finished? Just so I know whether I should be trying myself, or giving more time?
I’m meeting with the people I’m building the site for, and i think after today, they’re going to be expecting me to start moving forward faster…
Thanks for all your support so far it is very much appreciated,
- July 18, 2017 at 4:13 pm #16910
Most of them I’ve fixed. I think Only Event Calendar CSS issue remains. Please let me know which issues are remaining to fix.
I’m trying my level best to give you priority support.
- July 18, 2017 at 9:40 pm #16914
Thank you so much for your support and for giving this priority, I really do appreciate it, and feel bad that I’m sending you a another list. Sorry.
1. Styling of the event calendar, list, week, month, upcoming events (I know this isn’t your problem as it didn’t come with the theme…)
2.Listing information – Time Schedule – I’d like this to read “Opening Hours”. In the UK ‘Time Schedule’ isn’t used.
3. Individual Listing information – Map – displaying strangely – half a map and half the category icons. Still happening. (see screenshot)
4. Listing of category e.g., http://wmw-dev.co.uk/listing-category/restaurant/ – the results list looks like it can be displayed via a grid or a list (2 little icons) but this doesn’t work. (see screenshot)
5. Language bar now works (thanks) but search sits high on the line ((see screenshot)). It would be useful to be able to add social media links to this top bar.
6. Theme child settings – header section – Would be useful to be able to change the ‘red’ highlight colour seen over the theme. Also, the colour changing is working on the wmw-dev.co.uk test site but not my localhost version – I have taken the latest version (1.4). …. It’s now not working on wmw-dev.co.uk as I’ve updated this version with what was in localhost.
7. Theme font editing? Not essential, but useful.
8. listing Expiry Date – this field isn’t available to be set when adding a listing, but is set automatically and appears if you go in as ‘admin’ and edit the listing. Should be an option to set this, or not set it at all? I’m told that a test listing I set up a few weeks ago has now ‘expired’.
9. What’s the cover photo in ‘add listing’ for (front-end). If you add a photo it doesn’t appear.
10. I added 3 photos to the gallery (front-end / add listing. Only 2 appear. I then added 4 to a new listing, and only 3 appeared, then I added 5 to a new listing, and only 3 appeared. Before you publish, if you go to edit, all the photos are there. Submit the listing. When you go in as admin to edit the listing, then the photos don’t appear at all.
11. Thanks for adding the social media links to the listing. Could all links open in a new window please?
12. Home page – home slider – Would expect a slider to show more than one photo? I’d like it to be a slider – is that possible?
13. blog format – Home page – blog style 1 – how do you get the photo to appear on the right or the left of the post? Does it automatically show left / right / left? That’s the behaviour I’d like, just checking that that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
14. The listing maps are still appearing strangely – half grey, half map
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.