How To Create A Local Business Directory Site In WordPress
Table of Contents
- 1 Define Main Category For Your Local Business Directory
- 2 Choose A Brandable Domain
- 3 Choose Quality Hosting For Your Local Listing Site
- 4 Choose Best WordPress Theme For Your Local Business Directory Website
- 4.1 Install The Local Business Directory WordPress Theme – Inventory
- 4.2 “Inventory” Theme Options
- 4.3 Create “Submit Listing” Page?
- 4.4 Change Map Style
- 4.5 How to Enable Website Registration?
- 4.6 How visitors submit a listing?
- 4.7 How to browse the Category and Filter listing?
- 4.8 Payment Processor
- 4.9 Need Additional Help?
- 4.10 Extra Necessary Features
- 5 What’s Next?
- Define the main category of your Directory.
- Do you have best quality Hosting?
- Select a Theme for your Website.
- Make a Working Plan.
- Do Proper Keyword Research and Write informative content.
- Need the super marketing plan.
- Monitor every single visitor.
Let me explain the different topics step by step in this guide.
Define Main Category For Your Local Business Directory
Choose A Brandable Domain
Choose Quality Hosting For Your Local Listing Site
Choose Best WordPress Theme For Your Local Business Directory Website
Get the Theme: Inventory Directory WordPress Theme
If you have bought the Theme then let’s see the step to configure your directory Website. Make sure that you have unzip the main file. Then you will see the Theme file named inventory.zip.
Install The Local Business Directory WordPress Theme – Inventory
Go to your WordPress Dashboard then Appearance > Themes. You will see an option for file choosing. Click on it and upload the inventory.zip file.
After finishing this step you need to install and active the all required plugin. If you can’t install all plugin via bulk selection then you should do it one by one. If your server performance is not best quality then bulk installation is not for you.
That’s all for the Theme installation.
“Inventory” Theme Options
Inventory theme provides powerful options panel. It will help you to customize everything that you need to maintain a directory site.
Check the following image. This is the main options panel. In General Settings you can easily set your logotype. No need for any coding knowledge.
If you think you need to apply some style to CSS then you can do it from Appearance>customize>Additional CSS option.
Create “Submit Listing” Page?
After activating the “Listing” Plugin, it will redirect you to a setup wizard. All you need to do just click on next and next. Then you will see a “Add a Listing” page in your Pages option. Click on edit and change the default page template to “Layout: Add Listing”. Update the page and see how it looks like. Take a look at the live preview for Add the listing Page: inventory.jeweltheme.com/add-your-listing/
Change Map Style
Navigate to the Theme options panel. Go to Map Settings. Select your desired style from our pre-build 8 styles. You need to put your Google Maps API key. Get your own Google Maps API key.
How to Enable Website Registration?
By default, you have Registration disabled on your WordPress website. You need to enable it if you like to submit a listing for other registered users. Other users are able to submit listing but you have to approve it. It’s for spam protection. Go to settings>General and check the “Anyone Can register” option. Then define the registration user role and save it.
How visitors submit a listing?
I have shown you how to arrange e submit listing page. Take a look at the following image and this is the page which needs to use for submitting. In this section, there are Name, Email, Tag, Locations, Address, Category, Hours (optional), Cover image, Gallery Image, Description, Contact info, Social media links option. For a better view, you need to insert maximum information on this page.
How to browse the Category and Filter listing?
It’s very easy to browse different category from the listing category page. It won’t take time load data. Just click on your desired category and you will see the map locations and list. For better experience visit this link: https://inventory.jeweltheme.com/listing-category/bar/
Payment can be maintain via Woo-Commerce. Generate “Add To Cart” link and place it into the pricing table. If you don’t know how to create a “Add to Cart” link then follow the steps.
- Create a product.
- Define Multiple Variations.
- Mention unique SKU ID with different price.
- Use this shortcode format to generate a add to cart link and put it into the pricing table.
Need Additional Help?
Inventory Theme has a support forum. You can ask for any type of customization question there. The Link: jeweltheme.com/support/forum/wordpress-themes/inventory-theme/
Extra Necessary Features
There are two different types of Listing style. You can manage it form the listing option. From the font option you able to set up a perfect font. Set the font size, weight carefully for better preview. It has awesome live filter options, Slider Revolution (Which help you to create slider via drag and drop), Social Media options, 3 blog variations, Listing Variations, etc.
I know you may be having a lot of questions as to what to do next?
- We’ve got great support. So, if you get stuck somewhere just drop in a message we will come to your aid.
- If you need ideas on marketing your local directory site, reading this blog post will help.
- If you found this guide helpful, show your love. share this on your social media.
Wishing you success with your local directory site.